- Groundwork Milwaukee has worked on 284 projects since 2006
- Groundwork Milwaukee has planted 4,487 trees since 2006
- Groundwork Milwaukee has planted 1,433 shrubs since 2006
- Groundwork Milwaukee has planted 28,642 bulbs and perennials since 2006
- Groundwork Milwaukee has cleaned up, conserved, or restored 20,272 riparian habitats since 2006
- Groundwork Milwaukee has actively involved 1,765 youth (under 18 years)
- Groundwork Milwaukee has actively involved 2,558 adults (over 18 years)
- Groundwork Milwaukee has actively involved 165 seniors (over 60 years)
- Groundwork Milwaukee has acquired over 9136 volunteer hours
- Groundwork Milwaukee has partnered with 30 schools since 2006
- 299 weeks of people in environmental and green job training
- 203,163 people benefiting from projects
- Groundwork Milwaukee has maintained 51 sites since 2006
Milwaukee Urban Gardens -- a program of Groundwork Milwaukee -- will be hosting its first annual Strong Roots Awards Dinner & Silent Auction on Thursday, December 3rd at HeartLove Place. The night will include dinner, live music, speakers, and a silent auction. Tickets can be purchased online using this link, at our office (1845 N. Farwell Ave. Ste. 100), or at an Outpost Natural Foods location nearest you!
Groundwork Milwaukee is part of the Groundwork USA network of independent, not-for-profit, environmental businesses called Groundwork Trusts. Locally organized and controlled, Groundwork Trusts provide cost effective project development services focused on improving their communities’ environment, economy and quality of life.
Each Trust represents a strong partnership between government, business, foundations, community groups and residents. Projects serve a common agenda and are designed to accomplish other goals such as job training and environmental education. All projects and activities of Groundwork are carried out through a creative mix of staff and volunteers to leverage resources and engage businesses and residents in the transformation of their own communities.
Creating better, safer and healthier neighborhoods.
The mission of the Groundwork USA network is to bring about the sustained regeneration, improvement and management of the physical environment by developing community-based partnerships which empower people, businesses and organizations to promote environmental, economic and social well-being.GILS Gateway for Improved Long-term Spawning | Promote Your Page Too
Got an idea to improve your neighborhood? Take a look at our selection criteria and suggest a project!
Make a donation to support Groundwork Milwaukee!
If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to fill out the form below. We will get back to you as soon as we can!