GIS Program Manager Position Opening
The GIS manager oversees and maintains organizations Geographic Information Systems planning and implementation, coordinates evaluations and work products that utilize GIS, and provides GIS assistance and training for clients. Our organization offers a variety of GIS services to government and nonprofit firms, and offers basic GIS courses to high school students as a part of our community stewardship programming. Manager is responsible for curriculum development and a 10 week summer program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate as a professional and positive member of the organization by contributing to activities that support the organizations overall mission and success.
- Report on work activities and results as directed
- Administers, coordinates and manages GIS.
- Assists in preparing and managing an annual budget.
- Provides GIS technical assistance to staff, clients and program participants.
- Designs, directs and managements GIS training
- Designs, directs and manages GIS summer program for high school students
- Works with partners to develop and implement GIS standards and protocols.
- Prepares and presents clear written and oral reports to leadership, staff and other groups.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in GIS, Geography, Earth Science or related field.
- Familiarity with open source GIS systems.
- Ability to communicate openly and with transparency
- Ability to conduct outreach and liaison with a wide range of individuals, organizations and partners, supporting their goals while ensuring our organizational success.
- Knowledge of climate change, conservation and environmental issues
- Strong and efficient writing skills
- Must be proficient in GIS technology planning, design and implementation.
- Willingness to develop a new program for a national organization.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Must be willing to work in a shared space.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Work in a matrixed management structure
Email: Matt@groundworkmke.org for more information